Cycling Amigos - South America - Cycling and Exploring

[En Español] No set plans just a bicycle, a starting point & the rest we would see how it pans out. This has been our philosophy from the start & now over 10,000km later we've cycled through Ecuador -> Peru -> Chile -> Argentina -> Uruguay & Paraguay along the coastline in between exploring the Peruvian Andes & Bolivia by bus, foot and hired bike. Here you can watch our contiguous cycle journey unfold..
LOVE APPEAL
While Valentine's Day 2010 has come and gone we would still like to draw your attention to the great work of LOVE Trust and keep showing some love as the posts about the final stages of our journey are published here. We would also like to say a big thank you to those who have already assisted by spreading the word, making donations or offering to help in some way. Read more...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Preparations: South Africa pre-holiday and send off

OK so its been 3 weeks since I left the UK and I'm still not in South America!

Been down in Kenton-On-Sea at Kerry and Nick's wedding which was ridiculously fantastic! But, I left my camera in Joburg so no pics but if you're on facebook someone is bound to have loaded some photos.

We had a great Easter holiday with the family in Port St John's which is an awesome rural coastal town.





Umtata Airpot - one of the most beautiful setting I´ve seen



And now my SA seaside holiday is over just as winter is about to start creeping in - I've had 2 days to pack for a year long holiday on a bike.. not easy but it beats loosing out on friends, family and beach time!

Just finished wrapping up the bike and packing my bags - as you can see from the photo I'm a little unsure about this whole bike thing!



OK off to bed then I fly to Rio, Brazil via Sao Paulo at 10am tomorrow so here's to hoping it all arrives in one piece including Mark who does not connect in Sao Paulo and has chosen to catch a bus up with a bike in tow!

Ross, our other friend travelling with us for the first bit, is currently chilling in Doha airport. Ross decided to take the scenic route via Doha, via London, via Lima and then is busing it up to meet us in Montanita ummm and I think we see him in a week or so time..

1 comment:

  1. Were you "rapping" with the bike or "wrapping" the bike. I still don't know how you got a Silver in the English Olympiad!!

    ReplyDelete